Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Red Barn Kettlebell Competition

Off to South Glastonbury, CT to the Red Barn Kettlebell Competition. I made weight at 73kg (160lbs). I competed in the 24kg Amateur Biathlon part of the meet. This was my second time competing with the 24s. My last competition was the Arnold in March and I did ok there. I was coaching myself and it wasn't the greatest way to do it. My old PR was 40 reps 6:30mins in the Jerk and 47/47 6mins reps in the Snatch. After a month of solid training with Coach CDuff and with him being there at the meet was great. I hit a new Pr in both the Jerk and Snatch in competition. In the Jerk I hit 54 reps moving at 6rpm for 9:30mins. I missed a couple reps but I did my best. In the snatch I hit 52reps on R/ 48reps on the L. I would have done more but I did rip my right hand and then left I was off my count and didn't even it out. I am almost at the full 10mins with both the jerk and the snatch. It was great to have CDuff there to motivate and encourage me and my teammates through out the competition. I did get second place but my teammate Scott Tighe got first in the 73kg class. We were the only two there. He hit 80 reps in the Jerk and 63/55 reps in the Snatch. Outstanding job for only training for a couple months with CDuff. Will Metcalf and Coach CDuff hit 100+ reps in the Jerk. The snatch set was a bit different with Will losing his grip on the switch it through things off but he did amazing in his jerk set.
Here are the 2 clips of my jerk and snatch set.



1 comment:

C Duff said...

Jason your reign of terror is just beginning...
Keep doing it my man!!