Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preparation for the Arnold Kettlebell Classic

On March 7th I will be competing in the Arnold Kettlebell Classic in Columbus, Oh. This is a big meet for me because I will be competing against more than one competitor, competiting on a large stage and out of state and in a higher kettlebell weight class. So my performance must great. So in order to prepare myself and my team I created a schedule that I will be following and my team will be training at a higher level also. I am moving up to the 24kgs, Perry will be using the 20kgs and Juan will be using the 16kgs.

So here is my schedule so I can 1. get into my weight class (70kg), 2. be strong enough for 10 mins, 3. reach my WKC numbers(53 Jerk/ 50/50 Snatch) .

Monday:
Morning - Boxing, Cardio, BW training
Evening- KB Sport Interval (Volume)

Tuesday:
Afternoon- KB Sport Short timed sets (Technique)

Wednesday:
Morning- Boxing, Cardio, BW training
Evening- KB Sport Interval reps (Volume)

Thursday:
Afternoon- KB Sport Short timed sets (Technique)

Friday:
Morning- Boxing, Cardio, BW training
Evening- KB Sport Interval reps (Volume)

Saturday or Sunday: Test timed sets

So this is the plan to preform great. I will be posting my workouts daily as much as possible. I have a few issues I need to deal with while training. My right shoulder seems to be weak so it will need to get stronger. I will be doing joint mobility, Club bell twirling, and body weight strength and band rehab exercises to strengthen that area. I will also work on my hip to elbow connection and my breathing. I tend to lean to the left so I can get my left elbow on my left hip. I need to get both elbows down. So more flexibility work and video taping. Boxing will help my breathing and keep things interesting. So this is my set up and plan to succeed at the Arnold. I will let you know how it goes and track my progression.

1 comment:

Boris T said...

Good luck in training. I'll see you there.