Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope that 2010 will be an exciting year for you all.

So as everyone thinks when the New year starts you need to have a New year's resolution(s) for yourself. Whether it is lose weight, gain muscle, become more organized, save some money, pay those bills, get a job etc. And we all know that resolutions don't really work. You do something to mess it up or you just give it up. So as many trainers and other professionals know GOALS are the way to go. Setting up a time line and goals you want to achieve are more powerful than a silly resolution. One of the most important items to remember when setting up goals is to make sure that they are achievable. Nothing crazy or outlandish.

Here is a very good article on how to set up goals http://www.mindtools.com/page6.html

And for example I will list some of my goals for 2010.

Short term: (1- 4 months)
1. Lose 8 pounds of fat, gain 3 pounds of muscle.
2. Begin to cook my meals for the week.
3. Save 10% of my pay
4. Organize training journals
5. Up my training (post training logs more)

Long Term (4- 12 months)
1. Compete with 24kg for Rank 1
2. Maintain weight (158-162lb)
3. Saved over $1000
4. Compete in 3-4 GS meets
5. Become IKFF certified
6.Organize a local GS meet

These are just some of my goals I set for myself for 2010. I have others that I have listed that I need to work on for my own self improvement. As a result I will be logging my workouts and thoughts more often. Some will be rational and some may not. My post will be about what is on my mind at the time. I will also try to log about nutrition and the meals I have along with some recommendation about food.

I wish everyone the best and since it is a new year I hope everyone set some achievable goals for 2010

No comments: