Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Update from the Arnold!! Today's workout!

So over the past weekend my team and I competed in the IKFF Arnold Kettlebell Sport Championships. The Arnold Sports Festival was crazy. There were hundreds and hundreds of people walking around. Plenty of booths to see pretty women and get free items. American Kettlebell Club had a booth along with F.E. Ironworks from Long Island and other companies like UFC, Fight magazine, my friends liked the Animal booth, B.S.N. booth and many others that were there. Whenever Arnold walked around there were 50 security guards walking and securing Arnold's path. I was able to get a really shot of him. Any ways the expo was fun and I recommend going but Saturday the place is a zoo so try to get there early.

The kettlebell sport competition ran by Ken Blackburn and the IKFF ran smooth and quick. All the flights were planned ahead of time and the competition was great. All the competitors were supportive to all the lifters. Some of the tops of the sport competed and put on a nice display of the sport at the highest level. Marty Farrell competed in the biathlon using 32kgs, John Wild Buckley and Nazo from OKC, Eric St Onge, Ken Blackburn, Boris T, Sincere, Tyler, Phil, and others prominent in the kettlebell sport world were all there. It was a great event. My team and i competed in the Biathlon (Jerk, Snatch) event. I competed with the 24kgs, Perry and Juan competed with the 20kgs. We all were coming in a little unprepared due to the snow storms we had that kept us from training. But we didn't step out from the challenge we stepped up. I was able to get 40 jerks and 47/47 snatches which gave me 87 points which helped me achieve the IKFF's rank 2 numbers. I haven't got the official result but Perry achieved 73jerks and 64/85 snatches and Juan achieved 34 jerks and 33/33 snatches. These aren't the numbers we were going for but it is alright for us for now. We will come back much stronger and prepared for our next competition which ever we choose to compete in. So with that in mind I gave my self a couple goals for me to achieve before I move to the next weight. So I dropped back down to the 20kgs. My first goal is Achieve American Kettlebell Club Rank 2 and Rank 1 numbers for 75kg weight class. Second goal, before moving on to the 28kg achieve 100 reps in Jerk and 200 reps in snatch with both 20kg and 24kg. I would like to get rank 1 numbers before I hit the year mark with the American Kettlebell Club. So now that I have something in mind I will go for it and achieve those goals. So today, 2 days after the Arnold, I tested myself to see where I was at. I had hit rank 2 numbers in November at the North Jersey kettlebell competition so I decided to give it a try maybe even go longer.

Training- test day
Jerk 2 x 20kgs, 59 reps 6:30min (pass)
Snatch 20kg, 35/35 reps (fail) my hands were getting numb

back squat- 135- 12 reps, 165- 2 x 10 reps
Running- 2 miles 17:32 sec (PR)
Bike- 4.65 miles, 15 mins

All done. I know what I have to do to achieve my goals. I will be mixing in Timed sets, Interval training, assistance exercises, and conditioning to achieve my goals. I will also be increasing the volume and testing my work every week to see what happens.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Very nice set of goals for the year Jason. Great work and congrats on building a team.

Boris T said...

Nice set of goals, it was awesome meeting you this past weekend.

Jason Sanchez, said...

Thank guys! Boris it was nice to fianlly meet you as well. Good Luck at the NYC LC competition. I'll prob see you there!