Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good training session today!

Finally feeling a lot better. Rest is amazing! Today's workout was a copy of yesterday's workout or what it was suppose to be. I also found out that I need to lose some weight. I noticed during my run that my heart rate was in the 80 to 90% range. I was going between 155 and 170 bpm when I was only running between 6 and 7 mph. Not Good! When I was boxing in college (not to long ago) I could run 3 to 4 mile and keep my heart rate between 130 and 150 moving at 7 mph. I was also 152lbs. Since I altered my workouts and boxed less I have put on almost 15lbs of mass. Now its time to get the weight back down. Not only do I want to compete at the 70kg (AKC) and 73kg (IKFF) weight class I would also like to enter myself in some running races and maybe a small triathlon. I need my weight to go down. After this competition my strategy will be to change workouts and my diet. But back to today's workout. It was good and I use my Nike + sneakers to track my run. It nice to see what I did and how fast I was moving. Here is the Link to check it out.

Training-
Jerk 2 x 24kg 5 mins 7 rpm total: 36
Snatch 24kg 4 mins 12 rpm total: 24/24
OA Jerk 32kg 2 x 10/10 total: 20/20
OA Swing 32kg 2 x 20/20 total: 40/40

Run 3 miles- 28 mins, max HR 171 bpm


Till tomorrow. A good hard day of training left then back to recovery mode and dropping weight. Not that far away only 6lbs. Bringing me back to my boxing days :)

1 comment:

Jason Sanchez, said...

Will,

Thanks for taking a look at my blog! I hope you gather some good info from all my training. I have no secrets here. I hope to see you there. Good luck this weekend!!