Total Pageviews

Friday, March 19, 2010

3/18/2010 Training

Today I decided that when I did my sets I would try using a weight belt. I wanted to see what happens with my elbow hip connection and how I was able to rest. I also focused on my breathing. When I work with the heavier weights I have a hard time getting my breath. So this training session not only was I working on interval I had a few things to try and focus on.

Warm-up:
Indian Clubs, T-spine mobility drills, Joint mobility.

Kettlebell Sport Jerk
5 x 2 min, 2 x 24kg, 10 rpm; total 96
One arm Jerk- 28kg, 10/10
Back Squat- 3 x 10 reps; 135, 155, 185
KB Deadlift- 2 x 32kg, 3 x 10
Stepper- 15 mins w/ 20lb vest
Bike- 20 mins, 6 miles


With this session I tried using a belt and I liked it a little. It did provide some support so I didn't have to shift my weight or the bells. No alternating rack needed. But I think I might have to get a better belt. I used a Nike Cross Training belt and it didn't feel too good. I did like that I made it through the workout but probably could have done better if I had a better belt. Overall it was a good session and a lot of endurance work was done.

No comments: