Total Pageviews

Monday, May 3, 2010

New Start!!

Today I started my training with Chris Duffy from the American Kettlebell Club. He saw my video of my 3 min sprint set and decided to give me some pointers. After that he asked if he could train me and if nothing changed then I can stop. So today was the first day TEST DAY. How long could I last with 24s in a 10 min Jerk set and Snatch set. I was hoping I would do good but I think I did alright. I usually move at 8 to 10rpm in the jerk and 16-18 rpm in the snatch. Be that I don't last the 10 mins I do move quick. Today was a bit different. I was instructed to move at 6 rpm in the jerk and 12 rpm in the snatch. Boy did I find some weaknesses!! But this was something good. I now know where I need to strengthen my technique to improve my numbers. More to come while on my journey.

Jerk Test Set 6 mins @ 6 rpm 2 x 24kg


Snatch Set 6 mins @ 12rpm 24kg

2 comments:

Alex said...

Hey that's awesome Jason. C Duff has the right medicine!

Jason Sanchez, said...

Thanks Alex. Yeah I knew C. Duff is one to go to being that he's been there already. He has a lot of good advice so I can't wait to see what happens!!