Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Back from the West Coast!

This past weekend my girlfriend and I took a trip to the San Diego to vacay away from everything. We needed a little break from stuff. We took and extended weekend staying from Saturday to Wednesday. So today I got back to my training. Five days feels like a long break from GS training but it was well worth it. Kayaking in the Pacific, checking out the San Diego Zoo, enjoying tacos and margaritas I can't complain but now back to work!!
I started back with the training set I was doing last week. I missed this weeks test day so I will have to wait for Monday to see where I am at. I need to catch up. A few people are ahead of me and I can't let them past me. This is good for me though because I am hungry! I thought i was before but now I really am. Training can be tough and I can do it great but the work really comes down to the test days. They determine my work for the week. I have two test coming up. I recently signed up for a 10k race on June 12th, The Orange County Classic, which I need to get ready for and I also signed up for IKFF Red Barn Kettlebell Lifting Meet June 26th. Both are good challenges and I hope the Kettlebell meet will help me prep for the WKC World Championships in Chicago in August. So I have all that going for me so training will be fun. Everything I will be doing will have a reason. So let all this fun training begin all over again :)
Today's Session:
Jerk set 2x20kg 6 mins 8 rpm
OAJ 32kg 12/12 reps
Snatch set 20kg 6 mins 15 rpm
Swings 32kg 35/35

Similar workout tomorrow. I will crush it (way some ppl say it) I plan on excelling in this sport. I am my only competitor!!

No comments: