Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24th training!!

Today i had a little different focus on todays workout. I am focused on getting my Pistol Squat better. I know it's a requirement at the RKC level 2 certification but more importantly I want to be able to complete the Beast Challenge. It is one strict military press, one pistol squat and one pull-up. The beast weighs 48kg (105.6 lbs) So in this workout I worked on some pistols and deck squats to begin working on the form and strength. So here it goes:

Warm-up:
Jump rope- 2 x 3 min rds
Indian Club rotations- 1 x 5 min rd

Workout:
Boxing- 5 x 3 min rounds (felt good and strong)

Kettlebell Cycle (Steve Maxwell Cruel & Unusual) 2X's @ 16kg
Snatch- 5 reps
Clean and Press- 5 reps
Circular Clean- 5 reps
Reverse Lunge- 5 reps
Swings- 5 reps
Figure 8 transition- 5 reps

Pistol Squat-
Right leg- 2 x 5 reps
Left leg- 2 x 5 reps (rolling pistols)

Deck Squats @ 16kg- 3 x 5 reps

Neck extension- 10 reps @ 10lbs, 20lbs, & 25lbs
Wrist Curl @ 30lbs- 2 x 10 reps
Wrist Extension @ 15lbs in each hand- 2 x 10 reps

Cool down- Speed bag for 5 mins and Stretching

The workout was good. Felt a but fatigued but I was ok. Pistols need more work but things are going well and I'm feeling stronger which is always good. Hoping by the next certification I will have everything that is required on both legs and arms.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Nice work...you have plenty of time to complete that beast challenge. It's definitely a motivator for the RKC2...good luck and have fun with it.