Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 17, 2008

First Official Blog

Well this is my first blog since becoming an Official R.K.C. Instructor. Since the great weekend experience I have continued learning and have experienced a lot of things. Talking to new people getting more and more information and taking what is needed. Since I looked at other R.K.C.s and fitness professionals' blogs I have a good idea of what i want to put on here. Workouts along with other information will be posted and hopefully I'll get to some article.
Some info about myself:
I'm a graduate from S.U.N.Y. Orange and Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania.
I received an Associates in Science @ S.U.N.Y. Orange and a Bachelors of Science from Lock Haven.
As of this past June I received my R.K.C..
For those that don't know what an R.K.C. is here is a simple explanation.
We are Kettlebell instructors that follow a gold standard system of strength training and are detailed in teaching the skill of strength.
I am a personal trainer and kettlebell instructor @ Sports Fitness and Fun in Florida, N.Y.
As a trainer I focus on Boxing/MMA conditioning, Gymnastics/Bodyweight training, and Power and Olympic Lifting.
These all intrigue me and I find that they work great. I am also looking into GS (Girevoy Sport) lifting.
As I enter more and more into the fitness industry I notice that a lot of things do work so for that reason i do not discriminate against any style of lifting. And plus it is always good to mix things up.
As of right now I use the basic R.K.C. hardstyle grinds and ballistic movements and the basic Powerlifts (Bench, Deadlift and Squat)
I am also using some Corrective Strategies, from Master R.K.C. Brett Jones, Advance Strength Strategies, from Senior R.K.C. Kenneth Jay, and Full K.O.ntact Kettlebell exercises, from Steve Cotter.

Well its time for the training:

Warm-up:
Indian Club- 5 mins
Hip raises- 10 reps per leg
Shoulder dislocate- 10 reps

Workout-

Clean and press weight ladder- 20kg, 24kg, 32kg
20kg- 3x 10
24kg- 3x 5
32kg- 3x 3
progressively moved up after each single set was completed

GS Jerk @ 24kg- 6 mins of work 1 min per arm
10 reps per min, totaled 60 reps

VO2 Max @ 16kg 15:15 for 40 sets

and then I stretched and my arms, lungs, legs were all fried!!


No comments: