Total Pageviews

Friday, July 18, 2008

July 18th Training

I trained in the afternoon today after I finished up with my clients. Still feeling a lil beat up from yesterdays workout i skipped using kettlebells today.I will alternate days 3 days of kettlebell training and 3 days of boxing training/ conditioning. So toady's workout went like this:

Warm up- 5 mins of Jumproping

Workout-
4 x 5 mins rounds of boxing w/ 1 min rest in between
Core work- Full contact twist- 3 x 10 reps @ 35lbs
Side bends- 3 x 10 reps @ 85lbs

Speed bag- 1 x 5 mins varying hand speed and direction

then I finished up with foam rolling and stretching.

prior to a friend stopped by with her son and we had a small contest to see how many pullups we can do. Her and her son did 10 which was pretty good. I did 20 but I rested still hanging @ 17.

All in all a good training sessions.
Today a session with my client hit me again even tho pain is good it is not needed every session. For some people being sore for 4 days doesn't mean that the workout you did was great. Its more like the workout you did was stupid. Being aware of the muscle and its movement is more important to than having a sore body all the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree completely. I don't think that one needs to feel hurt or pain to have successful workout. Look at dancers. That's a full body workout and they are not in pain every day. They consider a good workout when they achieve correct alignment to produce extraordinary movement. And trust me, they SWEAT.

I would rather work on realigning my sway back, and strengthening my right scap then build up my arms. I want pain free movement in the long run and that begins with correct and balanced posture.

Jason - great workout today. thank you. I love the fact that I don't have to do "crunches" in order to strengthen my abs. I do feel a little soreness in my arms, but it's not pain. It feels as if my muscles are working to to be more efficient and it feels goooooooooooood.