Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So you want to be a Fighter!?!? Workout for 4/20/09


Hope everyone had a great weekend! The weather was great and this upcoming weekend is suppose to be as good or better. I had a chance to go see my first MMA event in Atlantic City this past weekend. My lovely girlfriend treated me to a evening in AC to see Ring of Combat at the Tropicana and it was a great mixed martial arts event. No big names there but a lot of action along with pretty ring card girls in skimp bathing suits. This got me thinking about a lot of my past workouts and all the hype about kettlebells and alternative training tools and programs. Many people say they want to look like a fighter and have the abs and muscle definition of them. Some example I get are Bruce Lee and boxers like Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather. So I tell them if you want that look you have to work for it and train like them. Fighters are known to push themselves to the limit and beyond. They don't train to look good, they train to fight great. My workouts combine aspects of strength, endurance, explosiveness and a fighting style. Those are the tools I use to create most of my workouts. No matter which style(s) you choose to participate in you can always create exercises from that.





Workouts 4/20/09



  • Am session:
Warm-up:

Joint Mobility- 10 mins

Jump rope- 5 mins

Push-ups- 3 x 10

Stretch Band for shoulders 5 movements- 10 reps

Leg Swings- 4 x 10



Workout:

Kick Boxing- 8 x 3 min rds


Mini Circuit- 3x

Ring Push-ups- 10 reps

Ring Rows- 12 reps

Power Jumper Jump Squats- 10 reps





  • PM session-
Workout:

Arc Trainer (Climber) - 10 mins

Wind Sprints- 6x 30 sec/ 30 sec rest (speed 10mph)

Snatch- 5 mins alternating every 10 to 15 reps ( didn't count reps just went for the time)


Stretch- lots of stretching the hips and quads. going back to the split stretch to get the kicks higher.

1 comment:

deniz doğan said...

hi
TGA (Turkish kettlebell girya academy)