Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

300!! Finally completed!!


Today I went after the "300" workout as a test to see where my level of conditioning is. I always wanted to do it but I never had the right reason or just timing for it. It looks interesting and tough. Maybe I didn't think that I could finish it, I don't know. But today I went after it. My reason to test myself. Also I have a couple sports I wanted to do it for. Grappling and Boxing!! Although I haven't been grappling recently, I have been doing my boxing workouts to keep myself sharp and maintain some skills. I have also added in different training tools to help me reach a conditioning level that will help me preform well in both sports. I also want this type of training to help with GS. I know that GS is more skill and technique than anything else but the cross training with circuits and GS and Strength training all help out with improving performance. A better body leads to better performance. I still will have complete GS workouts as per the Fitness protocol but then after I will add bodyweight and combat training (boxing, kickboxing) for their benefits.

"300" Workout- 17 mins, 21 sec
25 Pull-ups (some kipping)
50 Deadlift @ 135lbs
50 Push-ups
50 Box Jump on 24" box
50 Floor wiper @ 135lbs( single count)
50 Clean + Press @ 16kg ( GS style)
25 Pull-ups

Boxing- 5 x 3min rds/1 min rest
Expresso Bike ride- 6.92 miles- 27 mins

Stretch

That was all for today. It was a good workout. I will be doing similar circuit following some of Jason Statham's protocols and adding some MMA specific exercises to the mix.
Till tomorrow!!

No comments: