Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Well it's been a while since the last time i posted a blog. I will be back on more often to post my current workouts and my past workouts. I have still been training. I recently got a new kettlebell; The Bulldog- 40kg (88lbs). This one is made by Ader. I found a local fitness equipment dealer and I was able to get it and not worry about the UPS guy breaking his back trying to lift it. But he will hate me when I purchase the Beast- 48kg(106lbs).

Anyways back to the news since it's been a while. The guys I have been helping out at Ultimate Sambo did compete in the World Combat Sambo Championships. They didn't win but they all did well and figured out what international competition is like. I now have a client training with the K-Bells and using it to prepare himself for a bodybuilding competition in May. I am using the R.O.P. ladder and the basic strength protocol 3 x 5 with push and pull exercises. Upper body on Monday and lower body on Friday. He does the other isolation exercises Tuesday and Thursday.
All my other clients are liking the progression and strength they are getting from kettlebell training.

I myself am liking the way the strength feels. I haven't done the VO2 max test in a while. But I am testing myself with the Bulldog. The first time I used it I felt as if my arms were going to get ripped out of there sockets. I could barely swing it. Now since I have been working with the 24kg, 32kg, and the 40kg my strength has definetly improved. I can now jerk/push press the 40kg 2x5 reps and with the 32kg I can get to the 3rd ladder with 1-5 reps per ladder. I'm still working pistols with the 24kg. I will be posting my previous workouts tomorrow. I have a lot of stuff to post. I also have Vibram Five Finger shoes more to say about that!!!

No comments: