Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Still working....on getting better

So after the worlds I got an urge to really really go back at it and train even harder. The IKFF Nationals were a few weeks after the WKC Worlds and I wanted to see what other competitors were going to do. Kettlebell sport has grown in the USA over the last few years. WKC, IKFF, IKSFA, and now the AKA are hosting competitions all over the year which make it great for the lifters because we have more chance to compete. Last year I competed 3 competitions....this year I will do 3 in less than a month and look at competing in at least 7 competitions and a chance to go to Russia to compete in the World Championships!! This is amazing, a competition to decide who will represent the USA in the Kettlebell World Championships in Russia.
So I have been training hard to get ready for all of these competitions I will be participating in. I recently (1month and few days ago) ran a half marathon in Central park in 1:48.11
After that day I felt mentally strong but also tired. I had no idea that I could do that. This put a whole new perspective on my 10 minute competition sets. Here is a recent 10 minute set that I did in training with the 24kg bells. I set a new PR with this weight. It was great, I had no idea that I could do this.


This was a great feeling from here there is no turning back !!!

No comments: