Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Updates...Reflecting and progressing

So the last time I posted I was getting ready for the WKC World Championships in Chicago in Oct 2012. I had a great time and it was a great experience. It really opened my eyes up to what I could do and a level I would like to get to. I am currently coached by C. Duffey of Lockout Kettlebells. He is an awesome coach and know how to get his athletes to the top level. I also added a lot of running into my program. Its one thing to get a 10 min set once or twice but to consistently and hit PR's is something totally different. Right now I'm training to get ready for a few competitions coming up in April.

Back to what happened in Chicago. I competed in the 75kg weight class and lifted the 28kg bells in biathlon. First up was Jerk. My best in training was 50 reps but a tough 50 reps. I once hit 48reps good but lost that steam. So I wasn't expecting CMS number but a good set. Here is what happened.....


Then came the second part of the Biathlon which is Snatch. Not a bad set but close to my personal best.  My best in training has been 53/53 which is very good. So since I didn't have a great Jerk set I was hoping for a much better snatch set. Here is what happened....



So now the worlds are over the a couple early 2013 competitions have passed and the competition season of 2013 is about to begin. April 6th starts my competition season and between now and then I will continue to update as well as give some tips and other videos I see and find.

No comments: