Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Recent Training week of March 4th

This was a week that started great and ended rough. Coach started me off with a test Kettlebell Jerk set and working on increasing numbers in both lifts. Finishing the week off continuing working around the numbers I need to make rank. I also added in a long run since the wether turned for the better.
Monday's test set was with the 26s. I have worked with them before going for a long set but never have I made it to 10 minutes 70 reps 2x26kg.


This turned out to be a challenge but I was able to make it through. Next time more reps!! There are still  a few more things i have to work on but its getting better.
The next workout was Snatch and that was a tough day. the goal was to get 6 minutes each arm with 24kg. I usually can get 4:30min 67/68 reps was my best. In this set I was able to get 65 on the right in 4mins and 71 on the left in 4:30mins. Much better than I though. I may try to add some black snatch in the workout. On Saturday I did the second kettlebell Jerk workout. which was great. I had 2x2min sets then 1 long set. the long set was with the 28kg try to reach 53 reps or get close. My body was tired haven't trained early in the morning before but I went in and lifted. I got to 4mins needed a break and then finished up with a total of 40 reps. I needed some energy. I took some Honey Zingers energy waffles and I felt much better. So good I ran 10.5 mile in 1:27.05.

I feel long runs really help out in mental strength as well as endurance. A 10 minute set sometimes feels like a long run so it has helped me get through these workouts and competition sets. I also see that some of the elite lifters are doing long runs as well. One of my favorite lifters Anton Anasenko does runs before he lifts and also competes in half marathons as well. If the best lifters do it there is no reason why I shouldn't be trying it out.




No comments: