Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday and recent taining- 11/28/11

Back to work....I mean training. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and spent time with family, friends and loved one. I did miss seeing my father at home. It wasn't the same but I know he is with us all the time. Enjoy the ones who are in your life because you never know when that time will come. So over the holiday I did a couple workouts but nothing crazy. I got in a couple runs. The morning of Thanksgiving I ran 4 miles and the day after I ran 3 miles. I like to keep it short and sweet especially around the holidays because of all the traveling and eating going on. Although I didn't fill my face with food. I kept in under control because I would like to lose some weight by my 30th birthday which is soon. My goal is to get around 155lbs. I use to be 152lbs when I boxed in college. Today's workout was focused on the Kettlebell Snatch. So it went like this:
Workout:
Warm-up- 1 mile run- Nike Plus Run
Black Snatch (swing then snatch each rep) 20kg 3min/3min 12rpm (used by Anton Anasenko) 
Snatch 20kg 3min/ 3min 15rpm working on technique
Deadlift 5sets 10reps 135, 10reps 185, 6reps 225, 2x5reps 245lbs
Good Morning 4 sets 12 reps 70lbs
Stretching Hamstring and Glutes

Tomorrow Kettlebell Jerk workout.
P.S. right now in my training, I get to try different techniques on the lifts. I know what works but there is also better out there. When competition comes around I will know what to do and with coaching I will improve.

Gregor Sobocan Black Snatch

No comments: