Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Run and Active rest

I ran this morning in the cold air to try something out. I was reading The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss and came across a section where he talks about the use of temperature to lose weight. Cold temperature can be used to make the body burn fat. I will get more into this later.
So I ran outside this morning with the temperature at 36 degrees. I only did 2 miles being that I trained for the past 4 days and needed some rest. I started out at a normal pace 9min/mile and then sped up to an 8:38min/mile. I noticed my heart rate rising. I reached a max of 174bpm and averaged 153bpm. I was done with the 2 miles in 18 minutes. What was interesting was that I burned 271 calories in just 20 minutes. The cold actually helped me burn more calories than I usually would if I ran on a treadmill.
Nike Plus Run 11/6/11
4-Hour Body

Also started taking cold showers. Day 1

No comments: