Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2011

Beginning the new year cycle!!

So much has happened since I stopped blogging for the past year. The biggest thing that occurred was the lost of my dad this past summer. He lost his life to dementia. He just turned 59. Also I lose my uncle (dad's brother) to the same illness. Dad, Tio Gil, Tio Ray, and Tio Joey you are forever with me!!

Before all this happened this year I move to the metro area NY/NJ and began working at 24 hour fitness Midtown. The change in location affected everything. How I train and can train. I now work more hours, schedule is all over the place. Training has been very inconsistent. I have only competed twice this year. Not good at all. I switched from biathlon to long cycle due to my schedule. One lift is easier to focus on when you are tired and don't have much time. My best with 2x24 long cycle is 43 reps 8:30mins. I continued for a bit then lost interest when I missed the last two big meets IUKL and WKC worlds. Really huge meets that would have been a great experience being that there were so many great lifters at both events.

So I have rededicated myself to this sport. I missed two team members reach CMS and MS! I have a goal to reach CMS in Biathlon sometime next year. Since I missed the WKC World Championships I have been diligently running and focusing on jerk and snatch. I am still coached by C-Duff. He has helped me the most through thick and think. I will be starting up with him soon again and planning out the year to come and which competitions to enter. Chicago will not be missed in 2012. I will post this week's workouts later today or tomorrow. Testing videos will be starting again as well. On my YouTube page are all my test and training videos when I trained in longcycle.

No comments: