Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back from the Cruise and ready to go!!!

Sorry I haven't updated the blog in a while. I have been back from my cruise for a week ,which was great, and I have been reorganizing everything and getting things set up for the up coming season. Many things are going on and I'll let you know whats new.
So about the cruise!!! It was great! If you ever have a chance to go on one you def should. The locations were great and the weather was even better. The week I left is the week a big storm was coming in. But thanks to "The world's smallest captain, on the world's largest boat" we routed ourselves away from the storm and had a great vacation. The food on the cruise was amazing I must say. The food was very rich and the good thing about that was that I could not eat as much. So the weight was not varied as much. I stayed within the weight gain that I usually have so not much change occurred. But what was nice the ship did have a full gym and a spa. Any and everything you needed you could get on that boat!!
So now that I am back I have gotten in a few workouts. Nothing to great but working on it. I finally got a pair of the funky but functional Vibram Five Finger shoes. This should make kettlebell training a bit more proprioceptive. I am still on my quest to get through the beast challenge. I am also looking into doing both the IKFF CKT and the RKC level 2 cert.
Another opportunity that i should mention is that I will be coaching and instructing a few local fighters get ready for an upcoming competition. I will be coaching them in Boxing and then helping transitioning to their ground game. Most MMA fighters are good in one aspect. Those that are good in both and are smart about it become champions. I may also be helping them with some conditioning. You can find the school at Ultimatesambo.com. As a bonus I'll be able to train with them and learn some sambo myself. I will be going back to the boxing gym that I started at to expand myself a bit more.
This should be good...more to come!!!

No comments: