Total Pageviews

Friday, August 1, 2008

August 1st Training

Can you believe that we are already in August. Time is flying by and it's taking the summer along with it!!! Soon there will be snow on the ground and who knows what will be going on. As for my training day today I figured that I would go for a new pr with the VO2 Max test and I did. Here it goes.

Warm up- Full Body Joint mobility

Workout-

KB Swing @ 24kg-
10 LH, 10 RH, 10 2H x 3
Clean and Press @ 24kg- 5 sets x 5 reps
Turkish Get up @ 24kg- 3L, 3R

VO2 Max- 60 sets @ 16kg, 15:15, 7 reps/set

The 60 actually felt alright. Shoulders and wrist are better still and lil tight but working well. Now it is time to move the weight up and start it up again. 20kg will be used next time. Also back to the GS short cycle jerk and work on improving my time there on each arm. Oh yeah I wore a heart rate monitor today during my workout and noted this down. Heart rate reached 127 bpm during the swings, 124 bpm during the C+P, and went from 67 bpm to 160 bpm during the VO2 max protocol. Very exciting can't wait to see the difference with the 20kg bell. Till next time!!!

No comments: