Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Countdown to Punch Kettlebell Sport Championship (SRQ)

In preparation for the upcoming Punch Kettlebell Sport competition in Sarasota, Fl I have been trying to get my training to be a lot more consistent. With the recent changes to my job to allow for more time to train things have really been turning for the better. Its been a while since I lifted the 28kg bells in competition so I have been preparing to get back to the 28s and 32s. This will be the competition to see where I am at with my training. Consistency is key at making improvements! Leading up to this week in training I have been going steady for the past few weeks. I know I still have things to continue to improve but progress is great when it happens. I still have some work in Jerk but Snatch is starting to feel pretty good. Here is what my 2 training sessions this week look like.
Monday-2x20 Jerks 9,9/ 2 min rest/ 2x24 Jerks 9,9/ 2 min rest/ 2x28 Jerks 7,8,7,8,7,8/ 3 min rest/ 2x26 Jerks 8,8,8

Tuesday -24 kg snatch 30/30 /3 min rest/ 28kg 8 minutes 15rpms

So far the week has gone well but the real check is on the platform in Sarasota. It'll be my 3rd year there so I am excited to compete there and put up some good numbers.


No comments: