Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Going into Taper week- IronBell Challenge

Finished the week on a good note doing test sets at Reebok Sports Club NYC on 6/6/14. I tested with the 28s in Biathlon. I did 7 minutes in each lift. I hit 53 reps in Jerk and 49/50 in Snatch. Snatch wasn't my best set because a couple days before I did a killer snatch workout with the 28 and 24kg bell. So going into this week I'll be preparing for the Iron Bell Challenge in Warren NJ. Its another attempt to do my best with the 28s and make CMS! The new rankings by the AKA for biathlon in the 73kg weight class I have to total 125 pts. So far my best is 109 pts (59 Jerk, 50 snatch) in competition. It'll be my second time lifting the Vulcan bells so I know what to expect and and I'll be prepared with everything I need this time. Here is a recap of this past week.
Monday Kettlebell Jerk training



Good start to the week. Next workout was a double set of Kettlebell Snatch. Hands got hot here.



Finished the week on a good note with a test biathlon set with 28kg bells at Reebok Sports Club NYC!!


Now going into taper week preparing for competition. Today I had a my first Bikram yoga session in the FlatIron district and I highly recommend it to any kettlebell lifter!! I see it helping with breathing, balance and flexibility. For myself and my tight hips, hamstring and upper back I may be finally able to release some tension up there!! This equals better rack position and better numbers in Jerk!  

No comments: