Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Get the Chalk out!!

Whenever you plan to lift and you know the area will be humid be ready to get a good coating of chalk on your bell handle. Unless you are use to lifting without chalk everyone should know how to chalk their own bell. Yesterday I helped out a few Juan and Kyle perfect their chalking technique with certain things to look for. For myself chalking the bells are part of my ritual in getting ready to lift. I won't let anyone else do it for me. I'll get thrown off. But I get asked how do I get the chalk to stay on. Here is the video I looked at over and over to get the idea of how to get the chalk to stay on.



Here is another look at chalking the bell by Igor, similar technique. Work the chalk into the bell handle.



Hope these videos can help out and give you a better idea on how to apply a good coat of chalk before stepping on the platform. You want to be prepared and nothing stopping you from getting your goals. In humid conditions an good chalk job can go a long way!

No comments: