Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

1st competition of 2013...on to the next one!

Last Saturday I had my first competition of 2013 at the IKSFA New York Open Kettlebell Sport Championship. I have competed in this competition all 3 years it has occurred and this was my best performance yet. The first year was a bit of a bust doing long cycle and the following year I had a personal best in Biathlon. This year I bested that score and felt great doing it.
My goal for this year is to make Candidate of Master of Sport in WKC and IUKL. But for right now I know I am not ready for the 32kgs bells. So I went into this competition going after the 24s. Last year I did 75 jerks in 10mins and 125reps in 9:45min. I have had some great training sessions and experiences from last year so I wanted to show it here. This competition also served as a warm up to this coming weekend's competition in Sarasota, Fl. So I went after it and had a goal in mind, minimum 80 reps in jerk and 75/75 reps in snatch. I came close to achieving them but still glad with my performance. Here are both sets. It was a good competition glad I was able to see some old and new faces and glad the sport of kettlebell lifting is still growing!!

Kettlebell Jerk 2x24kg


Kettlebell Snatch 24kg

No comments: