Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

IKSFA competition and taper week leading up to event

This past weekend I competed in the Crossfit L.I.C. IKSFA kettlebell sport competition and the first meet I got back on the platform. Leading up to the competition I finally got a 10 minute jerk set and hit a new PR and bested my snatch number. I'm getting closer to finishing a full 10 minutes and hitting an even higher PR. Back to the competition, I felt good going into it because the last few training sessions I was able to take two days off. My weight was good, I went in weighing 72kg while working my way down to 70kg. I competed in the biathlon with 24kg. Not many competitors in biathlon event which I found a little weird. The sport has changed over the last few years. A few people did just jerk or just snatch but not both. Anyways I competed as part of Team Lockout Kettlebells, Coached by C-Duff and team members Scott Tighe MS, Wil Metcalf CMS, and Melissa Metcalf . 
Scott hit a new PR in Long Cycle with the 32s ( 48 reps) just one short of tying Marty Farrell but still making CMS and Will hit new PRs in both Jerk and Snatch using the 32s.
My week leading into the competition I only had two workout days. Monday's workout:
2x24kg Jerk 7 minutes 7 rpm
24kg Snatch 8 minutes 14 rpm
Tuesday-Off


Wednesday's workout:
 2x24kg Jerk 6 minute 7 rpm
24kg Snatch 6 minutes 15 rpm
Then I took off Thursday and Friday preparing mentally for the competition. I was ready.
Jerk set was up first as always....here is my set
 

New PR 75 reps!!!!

Here is my Snatch set

New PR in competition 60R/65L.

I was 11 away from what I wanted to do. I hit my Jerk goal but missed my snatch goal by 15 reps. I wanted to make CMS but but hit a really good Rank 1.
The venue was great much better than last year. It was great to see old friends of the kettlebell world and great performances. It was a great weekend and there were some great photos taken taken by the host. Congrats to all who competed!!! Can't wait to do it all again. Next competition IUKL April 22nd in Connecticut!!!
I also owe a HUGE thanks to Coach Duffey for helping me reach new highs in the sport!! Im glad I came back to a great Coach!!

No comments: