Total Pageviews

Friday, May 16, 2014

Lesson Learned....advice for all Kettlebell Athlete new and experienced

Since my last competition I started posting again I mentioned some of what has been going on but not all. This year there are so many competitions in the US and around the world. Kettlebell sport is growing and with that the competition is getting better and lifters have to do all it takes to perform their best when stepping on that platform.
With that make sure you have everything in training at the competition with you! And I mean this with the best intentions. Your results and performance will depend on it. Here is a recent experience I had at a great competition. It was a competition I had to travel for and one that I had done the previous year. I thought just like last year I had no worries so I could travel light and still be good. Bad Idea!! I didn't bring my roller, CHALK, drywall sand strip, athletic tape and supplements. These are things I use everyday in training and I forgot to travel with them. So what happens when you go unprepared into competition you have a hard time getting the results you worked hard for.
Advice for all make sure you are prepared for every competition near and far. I now have a container for my personal chalk, a mobility bag: roller, supernova, massage stick, stretch bands, Shaker bottle for pre and post competition supplementation. It's everything I need and use during my training so I can do my best when stepping on the platform.
You can not blame the host only yourself when go to the competitions and there aren't the pieces of equipment or chalk you use that throw you off.

No comments: