Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Finished the week strong....ready to continue

Last week I finished training off pretty strong. I hit a new PR in snatches but I still need some more work to make them be crisp. My  KB jerk workout was good but I still need to get the rack position better to get where I want to be. More flexibility and relaxation needed to better both number. Technique gets better everything gets better.....just hard work and time to get there.

Thursday 7/5/12
KB Jerk Interval training
2 min work/ 2 min rest
2x20kg, 2x22kg, 2x24kg- 12rpm
2x26kg- 10rpm
2x28kg- 8rpm
2x30kg 6rpm

Friday 7/6/12
KB Snatch training
28kg 8mins 15rpm (I was able to get 7mins 15rpm- New PR 53/53)



Deadlift- 135lbs, 185lbs, 225lbs- 3x10 reps
Back extensions- 2x25 reps

Saturday- I started to train with the Training Mask 2.0 and did it kick my ass. I will be running the Spartan race this coming weekend so I wanted to test myself with the distance. I jumped rope for 10 mins then did a 4 mile variable run on the treadmill. Not ready to run outside with the mask. I was gassed after the first 7 mins of running with the mask on. I finished the run in 40 mins.I did 4.2 miles. I will add more hill runs this week for the Spartan Race and maybe some other exercises that I'm not doing in my regular training.

No comments: