Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Orange Classic 10k race and Prior training

On Sunday June 14th I competed in the Orange County Classic 10k Road Race and finished the race in 56 mins and 47 seconds. It was a good race with a good amount of hills both up and down. A good perk of doing the race is that I ran into a bunch of classmates and friends that I haven't seen in a while. The reason I ran the race was because I was asked to by a co-worker and I was helping support the Joshua Stamm Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Both of Josh's parent are members at Sports Fitness and Fun, the gym that I work at. I was happy to help out and do the race and join their team.
My training for the race wasn't the smartest way but being that I am a kettlebell practitioner at heart. Most of my conditioning was with the kettlebells and not on the road running. I did run tho a few time. I started off by doing a 2 mile run Memorial Day weekend, and then the following week I ran 3 miles. Followed by a 4 mile run under 40mins 5 days before race day. In between and on those days I did GS and Hardstyle training.

Here are my recent training sessions before the race.


6/11/09

Warm-up:

  • Stretch band
  • Battiling Ropes 3 x 30sec
  • Hip raise 2 x 10/10
Workout: GS Style
  • 2kb Jerk @ 16kg 1 x 50
  • Snatch @ 12kg 1 x 30/30
  • OA LCC&J @ 24kg- 6rpm- 2 min/2 min; 1 min rest
  • OA LCC&J @ 16kg- 8rpm- 2 min/2 min; 1 min rest
  • OA LCC&J @ 12kg- 10rpm- 2 min/2 min; 1 min rest

Jump Squat @ 200lbs 3 x 20

6/09/09
Warm-up
  • Jump Rope- 5 mins
  • Stretch Band
  • Shoulder rotator cuff work
Workout

Boxing- 5 x 3 min rds/1 min rest

GS Work

  • Snatch @ 12kg 3 min/3 min
  • Snatch @ 12kg 3 min/3 min
  • LCC & J @ 12kg 3 min/ 3 min

4 mile run- 38 mins

Now back to getting ready for the AKC Cert this weekend. I'm sure there will be a lot of 2 KB Jerks and LCC& J and great tips and strategies from Valery Fedorenko and Mike Stefano. Can't wait to expand my kettlebell knowledge to the next level!!

No comments: