Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Great Workout Circuit with kettlebells, rope, and a pull-up bar!!

So today I finally received my first set of ropes (40' x 1.5" & 6' x 1.5") and I couldn't wait and had to try them out. They provide a great way to get a cardio workout in just a matter of minutes. I was a bit taxed after trying the different undulations that can be done with the rope. I went to full intensity with the rope being so excited. I was also able to hook it to a cable crossover pull-up bar and make a set of climbing ropes with it. I was definitely hooked and it was a great purchase.

Today's workout looked like this.

3/26/09

Warm-up-
Push-up- 25 reps
Handstand Push-up- 10reps
Hindu Squat- 25 reps

Workout- 4 times
Pull- ups- 15 reps
Clean and Jerk @ 24kg- 5/5 reps
Floor Press @ 2 x 24kg- 10 reps
Deadlift @ 135lbs- 10 reps
Rope training- 45 secs

Then -
Snatches @ 16kg- 15/15 reps, 24kg- 2 x 12/12 reps

Cool down- rope training - 2 mins

After that I was done. Snatches really got me afterward. Ropes got my arms and lungs tired (good thing). It was the second time i was able to workout out this week. Work is a bit tough but I will deal. More to come!!! This is going to be GREAT!!!!

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

Kettlebell workout routines are increasing with popularity and for good reason. It is a workout that is extremely versatile with many benefits. reps cpd points