Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Training review- Oct 27- Nov 1.

A review of what happened this past week.
I started a training journal to keep track of all my activities I completed during the week. Even tracking weight and body fat percentage. Why? Because you need to know what works and what doesn't. I am starting this week to add some things to my training like I mentioned before. Flexibility is my weak area. It makes things like straightening my legs in my rack tough which weakens my jerk numbers. So this week I start a Prasara yoga program. It will be part of my cool down. Prasara Yoga is created by Scott Sonnon of Tacfit. There are several flows I'll be practicing because of the areas they focus on.
Training has been difficult this week due to my primary job as it was closeout so I wasn't able to get all my sessions in. Monday was Jerk, Tuesday was Snatch, Thursday was Jerk and Friday is Snatch again. It was a tough training week and consistency is what would have helped but not all training sessions were completed. This fact just hurts when trying to get to the next level. It really messes with your mind when you are capable if doing something but your body tells you NO. In a couple weeks I'll be competing in Georgia at the Atlanta IUKL open, lifting the 24kg in biathlon. So i will try to match my best in Jerk and increase in Snatch. Snatch has improved so the next couple weeks I'll look to maintain or improve my results. My training schedule will become normal again as I go into the last couple months of the year looking forward to the West coast classic in San Francisco.

This weekend I got my running legs back which is always a great thing. Saturday Nov 1st, 6.6 miles in the rain.
First long run over 3 miles in a while. The One hour Long Cycle event really brought back the "going for it" thought in my head. It really plays out that Kettlebell sport is all about enduring the suffering that is the sport and being mentally strong not just physically. Being able to sustain a pace and mentally pushing past what you are capable of doing. 
Now to planning out the week and sticking to the program.  
     

No comments: