Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Training week review 8/2/14

This week I got in all 3 kettlebell sport sessions. With some time still left till USA Nationals I can make some improvements. I'm starting to get better at a few things especially in Jerk. But when one element improves there is chance another element falls behind (Snatch). So for myself I made it pretty clear that my rack position is where I need the most improvement for the sake of being able to rest the quads and legs to be ready for the next rep. So I've been working on my stretching upper back, traps, low back, hamstrings, glutes and hips. Stretching the legs helps in keeping them straight in rack....stretching the upper back and traps allow for my elbows to get into a position on my body. Charlie F. helped me out by providing a few cues to look for in training and somethings to be aware of so I can be consistent.

Here is the video from the side at Reebok Sports Club. Training with the 32s- supposed to do 7 minutes but couldn't get there yet.



Looking back there has been some good improvement in my technique but I still need to get better at jerk. Last year at Nationals was a second time lifting them. I also had a small hip injury so this year I will be ready...knock on wood! Mobility and flexibility will be very important part of training here on out.



So looking back I'm happy with where I am but I want to keep going. Exceeding last year's result is what counts.
I'm running more, stretching more and physical therapy also helps to keep me on track.

No comments: