Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hard workout and easy workout 5/14 and 5/17

Hard Workout - 5/14/09

Warm-up:
Jump Rope- 8 mins (aggressively) Double unders, fast feet, turns, backwards
Push- up - 15 reps

Boxing/ Kickboxing- 5 x 4 mins/ 1 min rest
( used new Hayabusa 16oz glove. They are probably the best gloves I have used.)

Circuit: 4x
Bench Press @ 135lbs- 15 reps
Pull-up (close grip)- 15 reps
KB Front Squat @ 16kg- 20 reps
KB Snatch @ 16kg- 15/15 reps
Burpees- 15 reps

Minimal rest inbetween. I got my self to the point of almost puking. I now know the my limit and now I have to surpass that. I wasn't use to bench pressing so I'll have ot do more of those and also the burpees at the end suck but I need to do more if I want to be in better condition. Circuits/metabolic training is defiently helping and I am seeing imporvement. I will do the 300 test again in a week or so. Hopefully the time will go down.

Easy Workout- 5/17/09

Warm-up:
Jump rope- 5 mins

Workout:
Boxing- 25 mins Straight (no rest just went and did some interval work with combos)

Mini Circuit- 5 x
Clean and Jerk @ 24kg- 5/5
Burpees- 10 reps

Short and sweet, but still effective!

Felt good..will get in some HIIT Cardio on the treadmill and Concept Rower later today.

No comments: